Robert Wagner seems to be avoiding detectives who have reopened the investigation into the drowning death of his wife Natalie Wood more than 30 years ago.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Lt. John Corina said Thursday the actor has not consented to an interview in the renewed inquiry, and that detectives have interviewed more than 100 people in the re-investigation of Wood's 1981 death in the water off Catalina Island. Many of them hadn't been previously interviewed by investigators.
According to the associated Press, Corina said multiple attempts to interview Wagner have been rebuffed or gone unanswered. He says detectives even traveled to Colorado at one point to try to interview him.
Maybe he was at the gym. Actors are always going to the gym.
An attorney for Wagner and his family said they have cooperated with authorities over the last 30 years and have nothing new to add to the investigation.
Detectives began re-investigating Wood's death in November 2011. A review by coroner's officials resulted in Wood's cause of death being changed to "drowning and other undetermined factors." Wood was in a boat with Wagner and actor Christopher Walken the night she died.