Dorner is not believed to be at the residence on Sharon Drive, but police say his mother and sister are inside and cooperating. Heavily armed officers with the U.S. Marshalls and Irvine police entered the home in search of evidence connected to the investigation of the murder of two people in Irvine over the weekend. Investigators say Dorner also killed a police officer in Riverside.
"It's all in connection with our homicide investigation," Irvine police Lt. Bill Whalen said.
Residents who have been following the news coverage are on edge with the knowledge that someone suspected of killing at least three people this week had been living in their neighborhood.
- Reward prompts calls but still no capture
- Redondo Beach man shot at in manhunt reacts -- through his lawyer
- Trail of suspected cop killer Christopher Dorner turns cold
- Christopher Dorner gains sympathizers online
- Sheriff John McMahon said search continues in Big Bear for Dorner
- Police issuing search warrant at home believed to be owned by Christopher Dorner's mother
- Sheriff: No new evidence of Dorner found overnight
- Massive manhunt for ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner leads to San Bernardino Mountains
- Numerous false sightings of Dorner reported across Southland
- LAPD looking for Dorner accused of 'street justice' for opening fire on truck in Torrance
- Border security tight amid Dorner search
- Weather conditions present challenge in search for Christopher Dorner
- Christopher Dorner: A look at the man behind the mayhem
- Dorner blames former Cal Poly police chief, others for losing his LAPD job
- Big Bear Lake residents on edge
- Christopher Dorner manhunt manifests pockets of support online
- Dorner manhunt unfolds online
- Dorner search touches many Southern California cities
- CHP issue Blue Alert for third time since its inception
- Big Bear schools remain closed during manhunt
- Photo galleries
- Day 2 of Big Bear hunt for Dorner
- Winter storm may hinder manhunt
- Manhunt for Christopher Dorner
- Shooting in Corona
- Photos from Christopher Dorner's Facebook page
- Authorities evacuate Bear Mountain
- Search for Dorner Spreads to Las Vegas
- Vigil for Riverside Police Officer
- Video: Coverage of manhunt for Christopher Dorner
- Map, timeline and manifesto
- Map of incidents related to Dorner search
- Timeline of manhunt
- Dorner's manifesto reveals an unraveled mind | Read the manifesto
"They're scared," said local resident Kent Castle, who has lived in the area for 30 years. "It's a ghost town."
Local resident David Pighin recalled seeing Dorner around the neighborhood.
"He'd park his truck outside. He'd be wearing a military jumpsuit and duffel bag and go inside and not say a thing," Pighin recalled. "And to find this out, it was quite a shock, to say the least."