BERKELEY -- Firefighters battled a one-alarm fire at a Berkeley residence on Sunday that displaced a family and another resident who lived in the home, authorities said.
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews were called about 3 p.m. to the single-family home in the 800 block Shattuck Avenue after a neighbor dialed 911 and reported smoke coming from the residence, said Battalion Chief Bill Kehoe.
Firefighters had the blaze under control about 5 p.m. and were on scene until about 7:40 p.m.
It was not immediately known what sparked the blaze, but Kehoe said the fire started on a back deck at the home.
Four people including a couple and their daughter and a person who lived in an in-law unit made it out of the home safely, but were displaced.
The fire caused about $150,000 in damage to the home which was valued at more than $800,000, Kehoe said.
The fire does not appear to be suspicion, but it remained under investigation Sunday night.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.