CONCORD -- One of the suspects in the shooting of a man outside a Wendy's restaurant earlier this month has been arrested, police said Tuesday.

Concord police detectives arrested a 17-year-old male on suspicion of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon, Concord police Lt. David Hughes said. Police last week issued an arrest warrant for those charges against him and Gustavo Mendez, 19, and caught up to the teen around 6 p.m. Friday in San Francisco, Hughes said.

Mendez remains on the loose and is considered armed and dangerous, Hughes said.

Police did not say how they tracked down the 17-year-old but said that they seized two guns during the arrest, including one that was reported stolen. Police also seized an undisclosed amount of illegal drugs that were packaged for sale, Hughes said.

The shooting happened outside the restaurant at 1551 Monument Blvd., around 6 p.m. Jan. 10 and left a 21-year-old man with serious injuries. He remains in the hospital, Hughes said.Police said Mendez and the teen are suspected of fleeing the restaurant after the shooting, which occurred after the victim was involved in a physical confrontation with several males inside the restaurant, Hughes said.

The teen , a Concord resident, was taken to Juvenile Hall in Martinez, where he remained in custody Tuesday.

Mendez, a Fairfield resident, is described as 5 feet, 10 inches tall, 170 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes, police said. Anyone who sees him is urged to avoid contact and call 911. Anyone with information about Mendez's whereabouts may leave a confidential tip at 925-603-5836 or call Detective Adam Hart at 925-671-3040.

Contact Rick Hurd at 925-945-4789 and follow him at Twitter.com/3rdERH.