LIVERMORE -- A single-alarm fire caused an estimated $175,000 in damages to a home in Livermore on Saturday, a fire official said.
The fire inside the two-story home in the 1600 block of Alvarado Court broke out at 11:13 a.m., said Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department battalion Chief Jack Neiman-Kimel. The blaze started in an attached in-law addition to the home, and spread to the house, he said.
The in-law addition was destroyed, and two bedrooms inside the home were also damaged, Neiman-Kimel said.
The fire was extinguished at 11:57 a.m. It appears a faulty light socket was the cause, he said.
David DeBolt covers breaking news. Contact him in Richmond at 510-262-2728. Follow him at Twitter.com/daviddebolt.