One person was hospitalized and seven others were evacuated Friday after an ammonia leak at the Airgas distribution facility in Torrance, Fire Department officials said.
The leak was reported by 8:30 a.m., prompting an evacuation of the building at 2535 Del Amo Blvd., said Torrance Fire Capt. Bob Millea. One person was taken to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance. The person's condition was not immediately reported.
"We smelled the ammonia when we got on the scene and confirmed it with our monitors," Millea said.
- Art Marroquin