PHELAN -- San Bernardino County firefighters rescued a woman from a burning mobile home Sunday.

Sixteen firefighters came to the home in the 6200 block of Coyote Road in Phelan at 2:57 a.m. after receiving a report of a fire and a woman trapped in her bedroom.

They found the woman and pulled her to safety. She received medical treatment at the scene for smoke inhalation but declined to be taken to a hospital, fire officials said.

Firefighters accessed the home through the back and extinguished the blaze. The fire burned the kitchen and part of the living room, causing an estimated $105,000 damage.

The woman told firefighters she left her oven on overnight to heat her house and woke up when she smelled smoke.


Contact Melissa via email or by phone at 909-386-3878. Get the latest crime and public safety news on Twitter @IECrime.