Free HIV screenings scheduled
Central Coast HIV/AIDS Services will provide free confidential HIV testing from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, at CSU Monterey Bay, in the Health Center, Gen. Jim Moore Blvd. and Inter-Garrison Road, Seaside.
They will also provide free confidential HIV testing from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 29 at The Village Project, Inc., 1069 Broadway Ave., Suite 201, Seaside.
For information, call 384-3388.
Skilled nursing facility to hold open house
Windsor Gardens Rehabilitation Center of Salinas, a skilled nursing facility at 637 East Romie Lane, will hold an open house for its new Respiratory Subacute Unit from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 27.
Mayor Dennis Donohue will perform the ribbon-cutting. The event will include tours and a raffle.
R.S.V.P. by calling 424-0687.
Animal Friends shop to hold open house
The Animal Friends Rescue Project Treasure Shop, 160 Fountain Ave., will hold its seventh annual holiday open house with a preview from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30, featuring music by Felton and Michelle, wine and appetizers. It will continue throughout the weekend. For information, call 333-0491 or email email@example.com.
Holiday events in December
Pacific Grove will open the holiday season with a series of events the first week of December, including:
· Fun in the Park, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 1, Tommy Stillwell Court at Caledonia Park.
· Christmas Tree lighting, 5 p.m. Dec. 3, at Jewell Park.
· Santa's Party, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 3, at Chautauqua Hall.
· Christmas at the Inns, 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 4 and 5, downtown.
· 11th annual Holiday Parade of Lights, 6 p.m. Dec. 6, downtown.