San Bernardino County, Colton and Loma Linda firefighters came to the 22700 block of Finch Street at 9:50 p.m. after receiving a report of a house filled with smoke, fire officials said.
Firefighters entered the residence and found a fire in a bedroom. They extinguished the blaze before it spread to the rest of the house.
Investigators say clothing and other items piled onto overloaded extension cords and electrical wires likely sparked the fire.
There were no reported injuries.
Reach Melissa via email or call her at 909-386-3878.
Get the latest crime and public safety news on Twitter @IECrime.