The service will be provided from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Torres' District Office, 13160 Seventh St., Chino.
The next tax preparation workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 23 at the Fontana Veterans Resource Center, 16779 Spring St., Fontana.
Appointments are required, according to a statement from Torres' office. To schedule an appointment and to receive a list of the documents those participating in the service must have with them call 909-902-9606.
The free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program is open to those who earned about $50,270 or less and cannot afford the services of a professional tax prepare and must complete their own tax returns, the statement said.
Volunteers have completed a training program and have earned certification that shows they are qualified to prepare basic tax returns across the nation.
The workshops will also offer free electronic filing, the statement said.
Those wishing to participate in one of the workshops must have the following items at the time of their appointment:
- a valid photo ID
- Social Security cards or individual taxpayer identification numbers for all families members
- all W-2, 1098 and or 1099 forms
- a copy of the prior-year's tax return
- bank account and routing number for the direct deposit of the refund or direct deposit of taxes due
- other income/expense information
- the total sum of tuition fees and expenses
- the total amount paid child or day care expenses.
Those wishing to apply for the California Renter's Credit should bring their landlord's name, address and phone number.