- Mar 7:
- Thousands mourn, celebrate slain Santa Cruz police officers
- Leon Panetta: Military 'looked the other way' in case of Jeremy Goulet, and Santa Cruz officers paid the price
- Live blog recap: Slain Santa Cruz police officers' funeral service
- Huge turnout, long procession expected for Santa Cruz officers' memorial in San Jose
- Mar 6:
- Hundreds pay respects at casket viewing for Santa Cruz's fallen officers
- Former Portland probation officer feared Santa Cruz cop killer
- Mar 5:
- Man who allegedly stole flowers from fallen officers memorial appears in Santa Cruz courtroom
- Public casket viewing Wednesday for fallen Santa Cruz officers
- 33-mile motorcade for fallen Santa Cruz officer scheduled for Thursday morning
- Mar 4:
- Santa Cruz police shooting: Wearing badge is never routine
- Mar 2:
- Why did Santa Cruz shooter, with so sketchy a background, have registered handguns?
- Mar 1:
- Memorial for slain Santa Cruz police officers moved to HP Pavilion
- Santa Cruz investigators seek woman who knew Jeremy Goulet
- Timeline: The troubled history of Jeremy Goulet leading to shooting of two Santa Cruz Police officers
- Feb 28:
- Santa Cruz Sheriff: Two cops had 'no chance to protect themselves' in shooting
- Court martial of Jeremy Goulet following alleged rapes in Hawaii was dropped
- Teacher of Hawaiian healing arts, chanted prayers as Santa Cruz police chased, shot down suspect
- Feb 27:
- Santa Cruz officer slain was mother of two served 'the community in the best way '
- Santa Cruz fallen officer: Sgt. Loran 'Butch' Baker always wore shorts -- and a big smile
- In confronting suspect Jeremy Goulet, Santa Cruz police officers found a troubling history
- Coastal town Santa Cruz reels from shooting deaths of police officers
- Sister says slain Santa Cruz police detective Elizabeth Butler loved her job
- Santa Cruz County Sheriff: Suspect disarmed slain officers, was wearing body armor
- Santa Cruz sheriff: Killer shot two plainclothes officers at his doorstep
- Raw Video: Witness videotapes Santa Cruz shootout between cops, gunman
- Father of California police shooting suspect says son was 'ticking time bomb'
- From the archives: Santa Cruz Sgt. Loran 'Butch' Baker has hands full patrolling main downtown drag
- Press release: Attorney General Kamala D. Harris expresses condolences over deaths of Santa Cruz police officers
- Fallen Santa Cruz officer saw policing like parenting, public relations
- Santa Cruz police officer killed is a 28-year veteran who leaves a legacy
- Santa Cruz police shootings: Suspect had gun conviction, and had been arrested Friday
- Feb 26:
- Santa Cruz reacts to death of two police officers, suspect
- Video: Phil Wowak reports two officers killed in Santa Cruz
- Live blog: Two Santa Cruz police officers and suspect dead after shootout
- Two Santa Cruz police officers, suspect shot and killed
SANTA CRUZ -- Local businesses and residents have so far committed $125,000 to seed a scholarship fund for the families of fallen Santa Cruz police Sgt. Loran Baker and detective Elizabeth Butler.
The effort was spearheaded by PredPol, the Santa Cruz-based predictive policing company that partnered with the police department to develop a predictive policing program.
"We view Santa Cruz Police as our family and this loss as a family loss," said Caleb Baskin, CEO of PredPol. "We want to encourage the community to join with us in committing funds to help these families during these unbelievably difficult times."
Major contributors to the fund include Plantronics, Ow Family Businesses, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, PredPol, Baskin & Grant Law Firm, Erik's Deli Cafe, Barry Swenson Builder, Santa Cruz Warriors and NextSpace Coworking.
Other contributors include Bookshop Santa Cruz, Dell Williams, Lighthouse Bank, Timerie Gordon and Christian Nelson, the Pacific Collegiate Charter School board of directors, Joseph Marini III, Whitings Foods, the Penny Ice Creamery, Santa Cruz County treasurer Fred Keeley, County Supervisor Zach Friend, Marybeth Campbell and Carolyn Hill, Sun Shops, Bruce and Mary McPherson, former mayor Ryan Coonerty and Emily Bernard, Mayor Hilary Bryant and David Shuman.
Members of the community who wish to donate to the fund may do so at the city of Santa Cruz' website at