MENLO PARK -- Police are investigating a drive-by shooting in Menlo Park that took place over the weekend.
Police were called just before 8 a.m. on Saturday to a home on the 300 block of Ivy Drive for a report of gunshots, said Officer Allen Swanson.
No one was injured in the incident -- the latest in a spate of shootings in that neighborhood that has residents on edge.
Witnesses told police that two suspects pulled up in front of the home in a light-colored "American-made" car, got out of the vehicle, then fired 12 rounds into the home, Swanson said.
The suspects got back into the car and drove off in the direction of Almanor Avenue, Swanson said.
Police said both suspects are black and in their early 20s.
"At this time, it is uncertain if this shooting is connected to prior incidents in the area," Swanson wrote in a press release.
Earlier this month on that same block, 42-year-old Newark resident Carey Cudlip was fatally shot in front of his wife as they sat inside a parked vehicle.
The couple may have been robbery targets, according to Menlo Park police Cmdr. Dave Bertini. Police found Cudlip about 6:30 p.m. Nov. 17 after responding to reports of gunfire on the 300 block of Ivy Drive. The woman was not injured, but Cudlip was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two men in dark, hooded sweatshirts were spotted running from the area, according to police.
Menlo Park had four shooting incidents in 2011 and already has seven this year. Culip's death marked the city's second homicide; there were also two in 2011.
Anyone with information on any of the shootings is asked to call police at 650-330-6300 or the department's anonymous tip line at 650-330-6395.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.