RICHMOND -- Fire crews said they found marijuana plants inside a Richmond home that had caught fire late Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters responded to the 3500 block of Center Avenue around 5:04 p.m. and when they arrived, they found a two-story home fully engulfed in smoke and flames.

The occupants of the house were safely outside and no one was injured. But it took roughly 30 minutes to control the fire.

Firefighters said the blaze started from an electrical panel and that there was a marijuana grow operation at the home.

Police and fire investigators remained at the scene late Thursday.

Check back for updates.

Follow Katie Nelson at Twitter.com/katienelson210. Follow David DeBolt at Twitter.com/daviddebolt.