Subject: GEOGRAPHICAL TERMS
The first letter of the one-word answer is provided. (e.g., A dictionary of places (G). Answer: Gazetteer.)
1. A crack in a glacier (C).
2. Triangular-shaped land at the mouth of a river (D).
3. A ring-shaped coral island (A).
4. Open grassland areas of South Africa (V).
5. Permanently frozen subsoil (P).
6. The part of a river where its current is met by the tides (E).
7. Loose rocks on the slopes of a mountain (S).
8. A decorative emblem on a globe or map (C).
9. A downward fold of rock (S).