Subject: LAKE SUPERIOR
(e.g., What world superlative is claimed by the lake? Answer: Largest freshwater lake by surface area.)
1. Which Canadian province bounds Lake Superior to the north?
2. Into which lake does Lake Superior empty?
3. What name did Henry Wadsworth Longfellow use for the lake in "The Song of Hiawatha"?
4. Which three U.S. states share the lake?
5. Which river drains Lake Superior into Lake Huron?
6. The river separates these twin cities.
7. What Gordon Lightfoot song commemorates a sinking on the lake?
8. Which Michigan island is the largest island in Lake Superior?
9. This port at the western tip of the lake is the most inland port in the world.
2. Lake Huron.
3. Gitche Gumee.
4. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan.
5. St. Mary's River.
6. Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario; Sault Ste., Marie, Mich.
7. "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."
8. Isle Royale.
North Atlantic Syndicate