(e.g., Which island's capital city is named Hobart? Answer: Tasmania.)
1. Which river runs through Budapest?
2. In which country is Mecca?
3. By what name are Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania collectively known?
4. Mount Elbrus is the highest mountain on which continent?
5. Which three countries have both an Atlantic and a Mediterranean coast?
6. What type of tree is on the flag of Lebanon?
7. Which present-day city is built nearest the remains of Carthage?
8. In which country is K2 the world's second- highest mountain?
9. What is the Southern Hemisphere equivalent of the aurora borealis?
1. Danube River.
2. Saudi Arabia.
3. The Baltic States.
5. France, Spain, Morocco.
7. Tunis, Tunisia.
9. Aurora australis.