PEBBLE BEACH -- Vijay Singh was reportedly scheduled to meet with PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem on Wednesday regarding his recent admission of the use of a banned performance enhancing substance.
The Golf Channel reported Tuesday night on the expected meeting.
"Our anti-doping policy sets forth a review process for matters such as this," Tim Votaw, the tour's executive vice president, said Wednesday. "We're in the midst of that review process, and because we're in the middle of it we really can't comment on how it's going, how long it's going to go, until the pendency is over."
Singh, a three-time major champion and Hall of Fame player, is still scheduled to play in Thursday's first round of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
He withdrew from last week's Phoenix Open, citing back problems. A day before his withdrawal, Singh released a statement confirming he used a deer-antler spray, which is said to have an insulinlike growth factor. The spray is on a list of the tour's banned substances.
The five-hole track at Pebble Beach Golf Links yielded four different winning teams. Andy Garcia and Carson Daly were the biggest winners, taking No. 17 and collecting carryover from the third hole, which was halved. They collected $40,000 for their charities, The First Tee of Monterey County and Remind.org.
Ray Romano and Clay Walker won the first hole and $20,000 for Harvest Home and Against MS. Darius Rucker and Bill Murray won the second hole and $20,000 for Hemophilia Foundation of Northern California and the Hootie & The Blowfish Foundation.
On the 18th hole, Huey Lewis holed out with a 60-foot pitch, winning the chip-off against Jake Owen. They gave $20,000 to Bread & Roses and the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Chris Berman, Kenny G, Charles Kelley and Josh Duhamel also participated.
"All those practice rounds may be to no avail," said Padraig Harrington, who finished tied for seventh here last season. He anticipates that by Saturday the courses "might be a little bit more like what we're used to here."
That is soft and the greens bumpy.
"Hopefully we won't get too much rain in the next couple of days, and the greens stay a little bit on the firmer side," Retief Goosen said.
He said Wednesday that the final straw was the PGA Championship in August, where he struggled with pain, finishing 48th at 5 over par.
"At that point my back was so messed up I pretty much couldn't play anymore anyway," he said.
In December he began hitting balls again.
"The first couple of shots were very interesting," Goosen said. "I was hitting it around 70 yards."
But he kept improving, so much so that he played in the Volvo Golf Champions in his native South Africa early in January. He said he struggled to walk the four rounds but still finished 20th at 6 under. Two weeks ago he played in the Qatar Masters, missing the cut after rounds of 74 and 71.
Goosen says he feels "20 years younger" and plans to play a full schedule in the United States.
"Now I'm about eight millimeters taller," he said. "I'm feeling good."
Langley, 23, won the 2006 First Tee Open at Pebble Beach as a junior golfer paired up with Dana Quigley.
"I just come here a little more comfortable, and I know what to expect," Langley said, comparing the 2013 AT&T Pro-Am to his first trip to Pebble Beach Golf Links. "I still love how beautiful this place is, but I'm not distracted by the views and I can just get down to playing golf now."
After finishing tied for third to begin the season at the Sony Open in Honolulu, Langley missed the cut at his next two events before taking a break last weekend.
"It's a long year, it's a learning process and we're just getting into it," he said.
The Monterey Herald contributed to this report.