1. 'WE CAN'T LOSE CHRISTMAS TOO'
The community of Newtown, Conn., nurtures its holiday spirit in the face of overwhelming tragedy.
2. WHAT THE NRA THINKS ABOUT FIREARMS RESTRICTIONS
The gun-rights group argues that not a single new gun regulation would make children safer.
3. WHO MIGHT GET THE BLAME IF US GOES OFF 'FISCAL CLIFF'
"If we allow that to happen it will be the most colossal consequential act of congressional irresponsibility in a long time," Sen. Joe Lieberman says.
4. AIRSTRIKE KILLS DOZENS IN CENTRAL SYRIA
A government airstrike on a bakery in the rebel-held town of Halfaya kills more than 60 people, activists say.
5. WHY HOLIDAY SHOPPING IS MUTED THIS YEAR
Superstorm Sandy, 'fiscal cliff' uncertainty, the shootings in Newtown, Conn., and a delayed economic recovery take their toll on consumer confidence.
6. WHAT'S NEXT AFTER EGYPT'S REFERENDUM
The opposition says it will keep fighting the Islamist-backed constitution after the Muslim Brotherhood says it passed with a 64 percent "yes" vote.
7. HOW MANY US TROOPS COME HOME
Obama will decide in the coming weeks how many American service members to send home from Afghanistan next year.
8. HOW AIRPORTS WANT YOU TO SPEND FLIGHT DELAYS
These days, getting stuck in a terminal can seem like passing through the
9. BOSSES 'BEAM' INTO WORK
Makers of so-called 'telepresence robots' create wheeled machines—controlled over wireless Internet connections—that give remote workers a physical presence in the workplace.
10. LAST-MINUTE SHOPPING, WITH POPE'S BLESSING
The Vatican's sprawling tax-free department store rivals any airport duty free shop or military PX—and offers Christmas discounts.