BRENTWOOD -- Repairs to a natural gas line that leaked at an apartment building Tuesday are nearly complete, a PG&E spokeswoman said.
Fourteen apartments in the 1200 block of Central Boulevard were evacuated after the valve of a 1 1/4-inch steel service line was damaged and leaked gas, PG&E spokeswoman Tamaar Sarkissian said.
Workers needed several hours to find the valve, which they finally sealed off at 5:03 p.m., Sarkissian said. The residents were allowed to return to their homes, she said.
"We do apologize for the inconvenience and the difficulty those residents had to go through," Sarkissian said.
Service to other buildings in the area was not affected.
Rick Hurd contributed to this report. Contact Daniel M. Jimenez at 510-262-2728 and follow him at Twitter.com/DMJreports.