CASTRO VALLEY -- A one-alarm house fire displaced a family of five Tuesday and caused about $50,000 in damage to the home, an Alameda County fire spokesman said.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters responded to a 4:40 p.m. call for a report of a fire at the single-family home in the 20500 block of Wisteria Street, Battalion Chief Chip Anderson said Wednesday.

Firefighters had the blaze under control within about 15 minutes.

The fire started when a dryer in a laundry room caught fire, then spread to the nearby kitchen, Anderson said.

The blaze caused a minimum of $50,000 in damage and destroyed the laundry room and the kitchen, Anderson said.

The Red Cross is assisting the two adults and three children displaced by the fire, Anderson said.

Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.