CASTRO VALLEY -- A one-alarm blaze that broke out Thursday morning and damaged a Chipotle restaurant and an adjacent bank remains under investigation, a fire official said.
Fire crews were called at 8:57 a.m. to the restaurant at 3369 Castro Valley Blvd. for reports of smoke coming from the building, said Alameda County Fire spokeswoman Knowles said.
Firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke billowing from the roof and out of the restaurant's front doors. Smoke was also pouring out of the 1st United Services Credit Union located next door to the Chipotle.
Employees were inside both buildings when the fire started but were able to make it out safely, Knowles said.
"They smelled smoke and were able to exit the building and called 911," she said.
No injuries were reported and crews had the blaze under control by 9:30 a.m.
Fire investigators don't yet know where the fire started but Knowles said it was isolated within a wall between both businesses.
Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.