CONCORD -- A 51-year-old woman was critically injured while working with crafts on Monday afternoon after she spilled a boiling liquid on herself, fire officials said.

Fire crews were dispatched at 1:52 p.m. to a residence on the 3000 block of Sanford Street in North Concord for a report of a burn victim, according to Contra Costa Fire Capt. Robert Marshall.

Firefighters arrived and learned that a woman was dyeing wool inside the home and spilled some type of a boiling liquid on herself.

The woman suffered significant burns to more than 18 percent of her body, Marshall said. He did not know what part of the woman's body was burned.

Medical crews transported the woman by helicopter to the UC Davis Burn Center to be treated for her injuries.

Contact Natalie Neysa Alund at 510-293-2469. Follow her at Twitter.com/nataliealund.



Advertisement