The man who's accusing "X-Men" director Bryan Singer of sexual abusing him when he was a teen is now accusing three other Hollywood bigwigs of the same thing.
The Associated Press reports the allegations made by Michael Egan III are similar to those he makes against Singer in the lawsuit filed last week: That the people in question abused him between the ages of 15 and 17 in Los Angeles and Hawaii.
On Monday in federal court in Hawaii, Egan sued former Fox television executive Garth Ancier, theater producer Gary Wayne Goddard, and former television executive with Current TV and Disney David A. Neuman.
None of the three have yet commented on the allegations.
The suits were filed in Hawaii under a law that temporarily suspends the statute of limitations in civil sex abuse cases.
Singer's attorney Marty Singer denies the director abused Egan, calling the allegations defamatory. He says Singer was working on the first "X-Men" film and couldn't have been in Hawaii when Egan says he was abused.
The Associated Press reported that none of the men have been charged with a crime related to Egan and the statute of limitations for any such criminal charges has passed.
Egan, 31, appeared at a press conference Monday alongside his mother, who tearfully described her efforts to report alleged abuses to the FBI in 1999 and 2000.
Bonnie Mound said she wrote several letters to FBI agents in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C., urging them to take action. She said she wanted to know why those letters and information her son provided in interviews with an agent did not result in criminal charges. The FBI has said it could not discuss specifically what Egan told them, However, the agency denied last week that it had ignored any information about Singer.
Egan said he spent several years masking his pain by drinking. He stopped drinking within the past year, entered therapy and sought a lawyer who would pursue a case.
Egan claims he was lured into a sex ring run by a former digital entertainment company executive, Marc Collins-Rector, with promises of auditions for acting, modeling and commercial jobs. He says he was put on the company's payroll as an actor and forced to have sex with adult men at parties within Hollywood's entertainment industry, the lawsuit said.
Collins-Rector pleaded guilty in 2004 to transporting five minors across state lines to have sex.