LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Victims of a wildfire that burned 24 homes have sued the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, claiming the utility started the huge blaze and failed to properly maintain power lines and equipment.

About 100 plaintiffs, ranging from homeowners to a camp for children with disabilities, filed the lawsuit last month alleging negligence, dangerous condition of public property and other grounds, the Daily News reported Wednesday.

The plaintiffs are seeking unspecified damages in Los Angeles Superior Court.

The Powerhouse Fire burned 53 structures, including two dozen homes, and more than 30,000 acres near Santa Clarita and in Angeles National Forest. It began May 30 near a hydroelectric power plant and burned for about 10 days.

Attorney Gerald Singleton, who is representing the plaintiffs, said an investigation by his group into the cause of the fire focused on power lines.

"You weed out every cause besides the power lines," Singleton told the newspaper. "It doesn't look like there are any other ignition sources."

Results of a U.S. Forest Service probe have not been released. The utility, in a statement, said it is also conducting an investigation.

"LADWP has furnished the investigators with all information requested," the statement reads.