SAN JOSE -- Firefighters quickly extinguished a gas-fueled blaze this morning at a San Jose law firm after a gas meter sprung a leak and ignited, according to a fire captain.
The fire was reported at 4:10 a.m. at 1901 The Alameda, according to San Jose fire Capt. Fernando Munoz.
Firefighters quickly used hoses to keep the flames from extending to adjacent buildings and turned off gas at the meter, Munoz said.
The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes, Munoz said.
The exterior wall of the law firm suffered some damage from the flames, according to KCBS.
Contact Mark Gomez at 408-920-5869. Follow him at Twitter.com/markmgomez.