So you think you know President Abraham Lincoln? Check out these top 10 facts, compiled by Scott Bomboy for the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia:
1. Lincoln was the only president to have a patent. He invented a device to free steamboats that ran aground.
2. He practiced law without a degree. Lincoln had about 18 months of formal schooling.
3. He wanted women to have the vote in 1836. The future president was a suffragette before it became fashionable.
4. He was a big animal lover, and he wouldn't hunt or fish. If he were alive today, Lincoln would be running an animal shelter.
5. He really was a wrestler. Lincoln was documented as taking part in wrestling bouts.
6. He lost in his first bid for a presidential ticket. The unknown Lincoln was an unsuccessful vice presidential candidate in 1856 at the Republican convention.
7. He read the Bible daily, but never belonged to an organized church.
8. He didn't drink, smoke, or chew.
9. He didn't have a middle name.
10. He hated being called Abe.
Contact Angela Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org, read her Sunday Give 'Em Hill column, or follow her on Twitter @giveemhill.