There are way too many awful shows on TV to even keep track of. But here are a few that stood out during 2012:
1. "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" (TLC) -- An exploitive, offensive collection of redneck cliches. The lunkhead executives at TLC are clearly drunk on their own go-go-juice.
2. "Animal Practice" (NBC) -- Someone thought that putting a monkey in a sitcom would get a lot of laughs. It didn't.
3. "H8R" (The CW) -- Host Mario Lopez offers a forum to poor, misunderstood celebrities. No, Mario, leave us alone and let us hate in peace.
4. "The Mob Doctor" (Fox) -- There aren't enough painkillers in the world to make us sit though this insipid medical series.
5. "Partners" (CBS) -- Perhaps this
6. "Duets" (ABC) -- What seemed like a fun twist on the tired talent-show genre instead could have used a major tuneup.
7. "The Neighbors" (ABC) -- Aliens in New Jersey? Snooki and company beat them to it.
8. "Beauty and the Beast" (The CW) -- An ill-conceived drama that turned out to be more beastly than beautiful.
9. "Are You There, Chelsea?" (NBC) -- We love Laura Prepon, but not enough to have watched this stupendous failure.
10. "Malibu Country" (ABC) -- Reba hits a flat note in a conventional, fish-out-of-water sitcom that isn't even remotely funny.