Lance Armstrong has again been asked to do ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," show sources confirmed to E! News. And he has again declined.
Producers have apparently asked Armstrong "several" times over the years, but really wanted him for this spring's edition, after his headline-grabbing Oprah Winfrey interview, in which he admitted to doping. "The higher-ups feel he is exactly what the show needs to bring back viewers," said one source.
"Lance has been offered the show each and every year since its inception. Although flattered, he has passed on their generous offers," a spokesman for Armstrong told Entertainment Weekly, who first broke the story.
Can contestants do drugs? If they could, maybe he'd reconsider.
According to insiders, producers are courting a "more sensational" and "youthful" cast for the upcoming season after the most recent All-Star season flatlined in the ratings.
"We still intend to keep (DWTS) going twice a year," ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee said earlier this month at the TV Critics press tour, "It's still a big, broad, crowd pleaser. I think the All-Star version made it a little bit older. I think we have the ability of casting fresh and bringing in the younger audience again. We think there's a lot of life in it--16 million viewers is a lot of viewers." Season 16 premieres March 18.
Lindsay Lohan recently turned down the show, as well.